Congrats and good luck to our 2021 Memorial Scholarship recipients!
This year our committee awarded $4,750 in funding & selected five exceptional individuals to receive the honor.
- Hailey R is a Senior at NorthShore High School and enrolled to attend the University of Texas this fall to major in Engineering.
- Madelyn G is a Senior at Mirabeau B Lamar High School and enrolled to attend the University of Missouri this fall to major in journalism.
- Kaitlyn G is a Senior at Ross S Sterling High School looking to attend Sam Houston State University to major in education & will attend Lee Community College this Fall.
- Tiara W is a Senior at Spring High School looking to attend Texas A&M University this fall to major in Nursing.
- Ivonne A is a Freshman enrolled at the University of Notre Dame to major in Neurosciences, a Pre-Med study, and a graduate from Galena Park High School. She is a second-year winner of the Memorial Scholarship.
Each year, HCFCU awards college-bound, graduating high school seniors with scholarships for the upcoming school year. This year, HCFCU awards five scholarships, one $1,500 scholarship, one scholarship for $1,000, and three $750 scholarships. Applications for the HCFCU Memorial Scholarships in honor of J.E. “Mac” McCain & El Franco Lee will be accepted beginning March 1, 2022.
Scholarship Application – download, complete, & return all required items before the deadline.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant, a parent/legal guardian, or grandparent must be a primary member of HCFCU in good standing with at least two credit union products and/or services.
J.E. “Mac” McCain served as an HCFCU board member and credit union advocate for over 20 years, and because of his dedication to higher financial education, we established this scholarship in his memory.
El Franco Lee served as Harris County Commissioner for over 30 years. Commissioner Lee was responsible for many programs benefiting youth and young adults and was a strong credit union supporter. This scholarship was established in his honor to further his commitment to the educational needs of Harris County youth.
All scholarship applications must be postmarked or received by Friday, April 29, 2022.
You can also submit your application online here:
Please check back on the open date to submit. Verify all documents are saved in PDF format and ready for upload.