Established in 1951, Harris County Federal Credit Union serves nearly 20,000 members throughout Harris County.
Any current or retired employee of Harris County, current members immediate family, and anyone who resides, works, attends school, or worships in the following zip codes:
It only takes $5 to open an account and once you become an HCFCU member, you’re a member for life!
Would you like to join right now?
Our digital membership application is a three-step process:
- Submit the first part of your application here. You’ll need to click complete to be redirected to our verification form.
- Our verification form must be fully completed for all owners on the account & you can make an appointment to visit the lobby to finalize your application. When you make the appointment, simply let the representative know you completed the online application and wish to finalize it.
- A member service representative will reach out to you once both forms are completed with all required information to finalize your account.
What do you need for verification?
- A government-issued driver’s license or valid photo ID* for all persons listed on the account. (with correct mailing address).
- If you do not have the correct mailing address, supplemental information is needed to verify your address. This must be a utility bill, lease agreement, or another legal document to show proof of mailing address.
- Harris County payroll statement, if you’re a current employee paid by the county, you can take part in some extra convenience. Bring a copy of your most current pay stub with the correct mailing address.
- If you are working in a zip code, you must provide a current paystub and a document with the employment address.
- If you worship in a zip code, you must provide a letter from the church, the current newsletter addressed to you, or other official documentation.
- If you attend school in a zip code, you must provide a copy of your current transcripts including enrollment verification for the current semester.
What else is needed to start a membership?
- Minimum $5 deposit to begin your membership.
- Beneficiary information (Full name, social security numbers, and date of birth), if applicable.
- Connecting to another financial institution, you’ll need a copy of your most recent bank statement, a VOIDED check, or deposit note showing your name, address, and account number.